Another year in the books!
Just like that, 2017 is coming to a close, so I’m popping in with a look back at some of the most popular posts on Oui In France this past year. Re-read your faves or discover some posts you might have missed!
So what happened in 2017? Let’s take a look back:
- I published 79 posts in 2017 including this one. Holy moly.
- June marked 5 years of blogging here at Oui In France.
- This holiday season marks 6 years of living abroad in France. Wow, 6 years.
- In terms of stats, Google search is my biggest referrer. (as it should be)
- The Oui In France FB page hit 5,000 likes organically. That stat means a lot to me because I’ve spent a *ton* of time building my community without ever paying for likes. My page is approaching 6k now…
- I relaunched the Oui In France shop.
- Oui In France underwent a site redesign.
- Headed to Brittany for my birthday.
- Went on a canal cruise on the Canal du Midi with my family.
- Visited the Charente-Maritime.
- Explored the Loir Valley.
- We made it back to the USA for Thanksgiving!
Now for the rankings.
Most popular posts written in 2017
This list ranks my most-read posts written in 2017 based on page views with #1 being the most popular. Let’s count them down…
A practical one for those of you looking to safely transport wine.
I’m constantly learning.
The shop got a bunch of new designs, products and styles and I couldn’t be happier with it!
Many of you related to my confusion in the comments.
Weird can be good. 😉
My favorite store in France — hands down.
The longest post I’ve ever written and maybe the one I’m most proud of.
This post was picked up by The Local and I was happy it was so well received.
A very necessary post on a topic that bloggers shy away from. There’s no shame in talking about the less than positive things in life. So many of you reached out to me which validated the fact that this needed to be written.
You can’t help but love them!
Most popular posts overall
These are posts that were the most popular with readers overall and include posts from the very beginning, not just posts written in 2017.
My husband wrote this one a few years ago and it continues to be popular with all of you!
Bread is important in France so know how to not embarrass yourself in front of the natives. 😉
An oldie but a goodie.
There’s always something new to discover. Treasure troves, I tell ya!
Probably the most useful post I’ve written on this blog. All phrases have audio clips. How can we talk about language without hearing the words?
Take a little piece of France home with you.
Really old. Does really well in Google search, so much so that I had to stop replying to comments. I’m not a free love advice column!
3. Strange noises French people make (AUDIO)
OK, this might be one of my all-time faves. And most amusing. <3
A fun list with an equally fun comment section.
Ever since Yoplait launched their Oui by Yoplait line of yogurt, this post has gotten renewed interest thanks to Google searches and Pinterest. Complete surprise but I’ll take it. 😉
These posts weren’t as popular with readers, but they’re special to me in their own way. If you haven’t read them, I’d love if you’d take a look! In no particular order…
What was your favorite post of the year? If you enjoyed one of my most popular posts, can I ask you to share it please? Sharing is caring. 😉
As always, thank you for being here. Whether you started reading my blog this week or have been here since 2012, I appreciate you.
Onward to 2018 and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!
Diane, Tom & Dagny