Howdy & Happy Monday! Another edition of Monday Mishmash coming at you…
- It’s June! That means cherry season is upon us! Cheapest I’ve seen here so far was 4 euros/kg.
- My blog is 3 years old! I can’t believe I’ve been at this for 3 years and have managed to come up with regular content every week since I started this thing in 2012. Thank you to all my readers — new and old — for keeping me going. If you have anything you’d like to see on Oui In France that I haven’t covered, please let me know!
- Yesterday was Mother’s Day in France and my grocery store was giving out a rose to each customer. I popped my yellow one in a wine bottle vase. 😉
- If you need a TV show recommendation, check out Orphan Black. It’s on BBC America and will hook you from the first episode. I don’t like most sci-fi shows but this one is my style. The brief premise of the show (from IMDb): “A streetwise hustler is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks just like her.”
- The fine folks over at HiFx interviewed me about expat life, and I’d be delighted if you checked it out here.
- In need of a few summer wine pairings? This piece from Food & Wine tells you everything you need to know.