Bonjour! I haven’t done a Monday Mishmash in a while so today it’s time. What’s going on around here?
Monday Mishmash 9/14/15
- Hope you all had a fabulous summer! We’re taking our vacation a tad late, at least by French standards, and heading down to Corsica Saturday. My parents, brother and sister-in-law will be meeting us there. Stay tuned for a bunch of fun guest posts in my absence that will kick off a week from today. Thank you to everyone who submitted a post. I can’t say thank you enough!
- For those who have been to southern Corsica, are there any must-sees? Let me know!
- Our car debacle is almost over. A part was sourced and the car was repaired but instead of the insurance putting it on the back of a truck and sending it north like you’d logically think would happen, we’re responsible for the 16+ hour round trip it’ll take to get down to the South of France and back. Luckily my saint of a father-in-law is driving our car back as we speak. Not sure how that works in the US but to put it in perspective, I don’t think an American insurance company would expect a person to be able to just peace out of work, family life, etc. and drive the distance of Philly to Montreal to pick up their car. But in France the customer is most definitely always wrong. So wish us luck.
- I’ve decided to go forward with the Holiday Expat Exchange! It was a hit last year and I’m starting in early October this year with a required ship date of November 15. That way packages are out of your hands well before the holidays giving them time to arrive. I’m streamlining the process too. Keep an eye on the blog next month for more info.
- Read my interview with Angers pastry chef Damien Vetault over on The Good Life!
A little link love
- I’ve been to exactly 0 of these best donuts shops in the USA.
- Here’s what to do in NYC this fall.
- French YouTube star Norman’s latest video for a few laughs
- Huge fan of chocolate and pumpkin, so why not make these?