Hello! Hope you all had a nice Halloween! We had one group of trick-or-treaters here but I locked myself out of the house. I was sitting on the front steps waiting for Tom when they arrived, so I didn’t have any candy to give them. Oops. Other than that, there was nothing Halloweeny about my weekend. Our pumpkins from last year were pretty badass, though.
Monday Mishmash 11/2/15
The weather over the weekend was absolutely gorgeous, nearly 70 F so we went for a hike and Dagny met a cow. It really felt like spring and I couldn’t believe I was hiking in November in a tank top.
- First up, the expat exchange. I started earlier this year! Matches went out Sunday night so if you signed up and didn’t get a match, check your spam folder and then email me! Still want to participate but missed the deadline? Email me asap and I’ll try to get you a match.
- Loved this article over on The Cut about an American’s take on indoor cycling in Paris. My sentiments exactly!
- Excellent piece on how to turn a bad day around.
- A mini-guide to French slang that you may or may not want to use in polite company.
- The Gunny Sack’s recipe for Pumpkin Magic Custard Cake. YUM! Have to find some cream of tartar…
- 12 things to do in France in November.
- Anybody watch The Leftovers? Great show!