Many of us have limited time off from work each year and with so many vacation destinations out there calling our name, how can we narrow it down? If you’re after history, culture, and some of the best food and wine in the world, France has to be at the top of your list of places to vacation. Let’s talk about all the reasons why. Also, don’t forget to head to the end of this post for a chance to a win a free trip for two to the City of Light!
Oooh France… lovely, romantic, and sophisticated. What comes to mind when you think of this magnificent country? Maybe you’ve already visited once, but there’s always more to see and do. And if you haven’t visited, you can do so virtually via my list below.
You can never see too much of France. From the delectable food and wine to the sights and sounds, France is absolutely worth your time.
Here are a just a few reasons why a trip to France is an amazing experience:
1. France is one of the top gastronomic capitals of the world, so indulge in some of the most amazing meals of your life. In fact, France is home to 621 Michelin-starred restaurants! Food and cafe culture is enough of a reason to visit on its own.
2. So many varieties of affordable wine and cheese at your fingertips. Enough said. 😉
3. Let’s not forget the bread. Fresh, warm, crusty baguettes and other varieties of bread will have you sampling something new for weeks on end.
4. Macarons! Between inventive flavors from Pierre Hermé or tried-and-true favorites from Ladurée, you can’t go wrong.
5. PARIS! France’s capital city is a destination everyone should see at least once in their lifetime. The romantic city attracts over 30 million visitors per year. Paris’ charm is undeniable and the energy in the air is contagious. Be a tourist and take in everything Paris has to offer.
6. You’ll see some of the most popular tourist attractions in the world up close and personal and cherish the memories forever. The Eiffel Tower is absolutely worth the effort, especially at night!
7. France is a shopper’s paradise. You’ve got farmers’ markets, artisanal wares, high-end department stores on Boulevard Haussmann in Paris and other big cities, and all kinds of little boutiques to keep the shop-a-holic in you more than satisfied.
9. The diversity of landscapes is breathtaking, so choose from the rugged coasts of Brittany, to bustling cities like Paris, the beaches of the Charente-Maritime, castles of the Loire Valley, a ski trip to the Alps, the history of Normandy and the D-Day beaches, and so much more. France has it all and there’s something for every type of traveler.
11. You’ll get to practice your French with native speakers and be immersed in what’s arguably the most beautiful language in the world.
What else would you add to my list?
Enter to win a free trip for 2 to Paris:
Open to residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are 21+ years old. Contest ends April 20, 2018.
Prize will include the following:
-Lancôme: Visit the iconic Printemps department store for a one-on-one session with an expert Lancôme Makeup Artist, who will create a beauty routine that’s especially catered to you. Enjoy a luxury skincare service and makeover, and leave with some of Lancôme’s most-coveted products.
-Perrier-Jouët: A private tasting experience for 2 in a Parisian iconic place, hosted by Perrier-Jouet. Experience Champagne with one of the most prestigious maisons worldwide.
-3 nights with breakfast included at Hotel Fouquet’s Paris
-2 round-trip airline tickets from Air France
>>>>>>ENTER HERE TO WIN A TRIP TO FRANCE<<<<<<
This campaign is brought to you by Atout France + Lancome + Perrier-Jouet.