Happy Leap Day to ya! It’s February 29 and this is another edition of Monday Mishmash…
Monday Mishmash 2/29/16
Tom got back from skiing in Les Menuires on Saturday and here are some of the pics. It was warmer than usual in the Alps and they didn’t have great weather, but it did snow a few times and he got a few solid days of skiing in. I didn’t go because this was something his brother had planned since the summer. It was just a small rental apartment and no space for an extra person with our niece and nephew, plus no dogs allowed. Next year…
- I watched Les César awards on Friday night, similar to the Oscars in the US, and director Claude Lelouch referenced Nelson Mandela in his intro speech. This quote has stuck with me:
“Je gagne, ou j’apprends. Alors ce soir, vous allez gagner ou avoir la chance de continuer vos études.” That translates to “I win or I learn. So tonight, you’re going to win or have the chance to continue your studies.” I think that’s a smart attitude to have and can apply to pretty much everything in life (like the other day when someone schooled me on my bisous technique) 😉
- Procrastinating right now? Remember, done is better than perfect. I tell myself that often.
- Lots of great responses to the Yelp employee who was fired after posting her open letter to the CEO on medium. One that nails it IMHO.
- If you feel like baking, here are 13 Bomb-ass healthy brownie recipes.
- For a laugh, here are the most annoying people you see at the gym.
- The most gorgeous time-lapse video of Paris I’ve ever seen.