Hi there! It’s Monday again and thought I’d pop in with a quick Monday Mishmash to kick off the week. Monday Mishmash is a roundup-style post I do semi-regularly that has a bunch of random stuff including happenings around here, fun links and to let you know about anything else going on.
- Your daily dose of cuteness. Snapped this one of Dagny while she was doing what she does best: sleeping.
- Let’s talk movies. Seems like everyone saw American Sniper over the past couple of weekends. Tom thought the trailer was better than the movie and the first thing he told me about the film was that it was really patriotic. A Canadian friend agreed with Tom. All the Americans who I spoke to who saw it loved it. I will have to watch and see for myself… What did I watch? I saw the Bill Murray movie St. Vincent last night and I loved it.
- This is cool. I’m so proud to announce I am now a FitFluential Ambassador. I was recently accepted into the program and am excited for what’s ahead including getting to know the community and all the fun content.
- Protein bar news. In case anyone is wondering, Quest Nutrition‘s newest Quest Bar flavor S’mores is absolutely delicious. They aren’t available yet in France, so thanks Mom for the shipment the other day. 😉
- You’re not the only one who farts a lot on planes. Read why here (via A Cup of Jo)
- Another scary dog story to share. Dagny and I were just minding our business yesterday out on a walk. Here’s what I posted about it on my personal Facebook page:
I know there are people who allow their dogs to walk off-leash but I’m getting really fed up. Most of the time the loose dogs aren’t trained and a leash is for their protection as well. This is what happened today.
We live in a medium city (kind of like Morristown, NJ, for people back home to get an idea) so there are cars going by but also residential streets.
Dagny and I were walking home this afternoon and after turning a corner, a German Shepherd mix kind of dog came barreling toward us off-leash barking. Not a friendly approach with his tail wagging but barking aggressively. I picked Dagny up out of instinct and braced myself. The dog jumped up on me and I fell to my knees with my arms protecting Dagny as I struggled to get up. The owner (maybe not homeless but definitely not an upstanding citizen) yells out, “Oh It’s fine!” like this is not a problem at all. The dog didn’t bite or anything but might have if the owner hadn’t arrived and was showing his teeth when barking. Imagine someone who was scared of dogs? Didn’t appreciate this at all.
So now for the worst part. This jackass owner yells at his dog for running away from him over to us (instinct) and then delivers a really forceful kick to his dog’s ribs knocking the dog down. The dog let out a yelp and cowered. That’s when I screamed at the guy that it’s HIS fault the dog ran to us because he was the moron who didn’t leash him up and that animal abuse is never the right answer and to pull it together. I probably shouldn’t have gotten in his face (sometimes these people can be aggressive too, often are drinking, etc.) but I feel so bad for his dog. Luckily we’re fine, but I was shaking as we walked away.
- Does your home decor need a refresh? I came across this cool infographic on home decor design trends inspired by countries all over the globe and thought I’d share it with you. The below section is all about French style.