Hi guys, hope your weekend is going well! I never do these fun “About me” posts so I figured I’d switch it up today after seeing some other bloggers do a similar sort of thing. So here are some random questions and answers in case you’re curious about the gal behind the blog.
New here? I made a “Start here” page to help you out… >>
Here’s my spin on a popular blogger questionnaire going around the web:
Four names that people call me (other than my real name):
- Di — Nickname that I’ve had forever and the name friends and family call me.
- Dee-anne — This is the French pronunciation of my name and I’ve come to love it. 😉
- D — Yeah, like the letter. Coworkers in the past have called me plain old D.
- D-Money — I think just one person used to call me this for fun when I worked at Deloitte.
Four jobs I have had:
- Food service at a retirement community (high school & college)
- Sales advisor at a high-end fitness center in NYC
- Dog walker (also paid great and LOVED it)
- Marketing & communications coordinator
Four favorite TV shows:
- All-time fave was HBO’s Six Feet Under
- Chicago Fire
- Homeland/Ray Donovan tie
- The Good Wife
Four places I have lived:
- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Val d”Oise region, France
- Maine-et-Loire region, France
Four places I have been:
- South Island, New Zealand
- Montreal, Canada
Four places I want to go:
- Iceland. This winter lover’s #1 bucket list place.
- Anywhere in Asia since I’ve never been.
- Canada, Eastern Europe, Italy (only been to Venice)
Four things I love to do:
- Waking up, making a fresh cup of coffee, sitting down on the couch with Dagny, a blanket and my computer and leisurely surfing the web.
- Baking anything. This weekend? It was all about fudge and cookies that I shared with neighbors who seemed confused.
- Going to the gym and getting my sweat on. You feel like you’re on top of the world when you leave. 😉
- Anything winter-related like walking Dagny in the snow, going to the beach when it’s cold, making a snowman, Christmas markets, etc. AND photography
Four things I’m embarrassed to tell you:
- My dog sleeps on my pillow leaving me to fend for myself all contorted below her.
- You’d probably think I was homeless if you saw my “house clothes.”
- I wear workout clothes and sneakers around town… and if I didn’t live in France this wouldn’t be embarrassing at all.
- My guilty TV pleasure is America’s Next Top Model.
One place I’d rather be right now:
- A place where it’s snowing like maybe Iceland or Lake Placid or anywhere with a real winter.
Four things I don’t eat:
- Blood sausage like boudin noir. I just don’t like the idea of it.
- Fois gras. I know people love this but I smelled it once, reluctantly tasted it and almost puked. Not my style at all.
- Charcuterie. Again, I know people love their cured meats but I never acquired a taste for it. Closest I’ll get? I like salami and pepperoni. Do those count?
- Oysters. I just don’t like the taste (although I love shrimp and lobster and most fish). Also last Christmas, everyone who ate the oysters had a bad stomach bug right after Christmas. Coincidence? We’ll never know.
Four of my favorite foods (just four???):
- Frozen yogurt. Sooo hard to come by in France and I’m having major withdrawal still.
- Lately I’m loving spiralized veggie “pasta.”
- Pumpkin pie. No explanation needed.
- Oatmeal with chia seeds, egg whites and banana. My go-to breakfast 90% of the time.
Four random facts about me:
- I’m allergic to citrus.
- My birthday is New Year’s Eve.
- I don’t have any tattoos.
- In college, I took a semester of “Pipes & Drums” where I learned how to play the bagpipes. Thanks Giana! (and also did NOT study French. I took Gaelic. Why????)
Do you have a question for me? As part of my blog’s shift in focus, I’m working on bringing more “me” to the blog. So for a possible future Q&A post, I’d love to answer some of your questions. Maybe about moving to France, life as an expat or anything else that is on your mind. Email me or ask below and maybe you’ll see your question in an upcoming post.
Hope you learned something. 😉 Have a great rest of your weekend!