When traveling, your hotel stay has the ability to influence your overall opinion of wherever you’re visiting. If you have a fantastic stay without any issues, your vacation just seems that much better. On the other hand, if you have a horrible hotel experience, that clouds your whole opinion of a city.
On a recent trip to Paris, I stayed at the Pullman Paris Bercy hotel. Did it live up to my expectations?
The four star, 396 room Pullman Paris Bercy hotel is located in the 12th arrondissement and while it’s not right under the Eiffel Tower or in a major tourist area, it is in an area of the city that’s worth staying in. For this trip, we wanted to stay somewhere that was new to us and not in one of the main tourist areas. Two minutes from the Cour Saint-Emilion Metro and easily accessible by car, the Pullman Paris Bercy hotel was the perfect choice for us.
While some things aren’t necessities while traveling, other things are, such as cleanliness and great service. The Hotel Pullman Paris Bercy didn’t disappoint.
Here are some of the best things about the Pullman Paris Bercy:
- The hotel itself is clean, the staff is really friendly and the regular rooms are a great size
- Small dogs stay for free and are also allowed in the hotel’s restaurant and bar
- The king size bed was really comfortable
- If you’re looking to host an event, The Pullman Paris Bercy has a 19,375 sq. ft. modular convention center
- Free WiFi: Whether you’re a blogger, business traveler or a regular internet addict, the free WiFi comes in handy. Many big name hotels charge for internet in your room but the Pullman Bercy Paris isn’t one of them. Score!
- It’s nestled into the Bercy Village shopping center which is open on Sundays! In addition to restaurants (including Eric Kayser which is an artisan boulangerie and amazing for morning pastries), there are a bunch of shops and even a Starbucks. There’s a UGC movie theater there as well that shows all the American films in their original versions
- It’s right next to the Cour Saint-Emilion metro
- Calm neighborhood with a beautiful park across the street
And a few things about our stay at the Pullman Paris Bercy that could have been better:
- The air conditioning wasn’t working so I called down to reception. While they couldn’t fix the issue, they did bring a fan right away which helped a lot. So on the customer service front, they get a thumbs up.
- I’m allergic to citrus and the only products offered in the bathroom were orange scented. I called down to housekeeping to see if there was another option and there was not. The hotel may want to consider stocking up on unscented products for those with allergies.
- Really scratchy toilet paper! Definitely not 4-star hotel quality
- Ironing board was broken
Overall, our stay was fantastic and the location of the hotel was perfect for us. It’s calm and a bit away from the tourist center of Paris but still extremely accessible by Metro and car. There’s also a small but nicely equipped fitness center that I’ll be sure to actually use the next time we’re in Paris.
While it’s not the cheapest hotel in Paris, France, the Pullman Paris Bercy hotel is nowhere near the most expensive either. If you’re looking to visit Paris and want to stay in a hotel that will please even the most discerning traveler, the Pullman Paris Bercy is absolutely worth your while and you may just end up loving Paris a little more because of it.
Oh and one more thing when in Paris — don’t forget to watch where you step!