Bonjour! It’s Monday already?
Monday Mishmash is a roundup-style post I’ll be doing semi-regularly to update you on happenings around here, share some cool links and let you know about anything else going on.
Monday Mishmash 3/30/15
Happy Monday! If you’re in Europe, did you turn your clocks ahead an hour over the weekend? I usually wake up around 7 and it was still dark this morning.
Credit card fraud sucks. Capital One’s fraud department called to let me know my card was used for some unauthorized purchases online — stripper shoes and clothes. Nice! Can’t wait until they chip their cards so this nonsense doesn’t happen anymore. For those in the know about credit card fraud, how do people buy plane tickets with stolen card numbers? The thief would have to use his or her real name to board the plane even if they used my card/name to buy the ticket, so when they show up to board the flight, they’d be arrested, right? How does that work?
Guess who has a brand new carte de séjour in her wallet? Yup, that’s right, ME! Expiration date 2024. Happy to kiss those yearly trips to the préfecture goodbye.
Pictured above is a tasty sampling of treats at Damien Vétault in Angers. (interview to come hopefully next month).
Links from around the web to keep you busy:
- Need a book recommendation? 40 Novels for your book club
- 10 Simple habits that may just change your life
- Did you enjoying coloring books as a kid? No need to stop as an adult. This one is a beauty
- Check out Dan Rock’s YouTube channel (in French). He’s an American living in France and is super entertaining
- 3 Things to watch out for when booking a vacation online
- 14 Charts that will make you look like a wine expert