You know that feeling you get when something good happens, no matter how small? A little burst of happiness that makes you smile, fills you with joy, or makes you feel appreciated? Yah, you know what I mean. I wish I could bottle that feeling up and keep it in my pocket for when I need a pick me up. But until then, I’ll make a list of everyday things that give me a boost. Writing them down makes me feel them all over again — some second-hand boosting going on here, so have a read and don’t forget to share a few of yours in the comments!
13 Everyday things that always give me a little boost
I notice so much more about the the people and places around me these days. I take time to look around and really see things. I talked a little bit about that slower life in this post, and I credit that to several things. Being in France has shown me a more balanced lifestyle where working to live is the norm and not the other way around.
In the name of gratitude, here’s a list of little things that give me a boost. And if a bunch happen early in the day or in succession? Oooh, then I know it’s going to be a good one!
Everyday things that always give me a little boost:
1. An unexpected email with some good news.
2. Getting my nails done. I’m not a perfectly coiffed or made-up person, but nails? Oh yes, that’s my thing. If my hands are on point, everything else follows.
3. When I find an American food or brand here in France. I feel closer to “home” when I see something familiar. I don’t always buy it, but I find just picking it up and holding it in my hand does the trick. Weird, I know.
4. Getting a couple of the winning numbers on a lottery ticket. Winning €5 is better than 0! I love the feeling of possibility.
5. When I hit 100% of my daily goal on my fitness tracker. I feel accomplished for the day.
6. Waking up and seeing new WhatsApp messages from a friend.
7. When Dagny (my dog) rolls over on her back for some tummy rubs.
8. Getting a comment from a blog reader who tells me something I wrote really spoke to them or helped them with something. It makes all the BS worth it.
9. When a favorite grocery store product is on sale or a sale in general for something I’ve had my eye on. I love a deal.
10. When we run into one of Dagny’s doggy friends while out walking in the park. Seeing them wag their butts at each other is so cute.
11. A beautiful sunny day. Clear skies and warm air — not too warm! — makes me feel good, especially after all the rain we’ve had.
12. A small purchase that brightens my day. A recent example: a baby pool in the backyard that lets us cool off even if it is only up to our knees. 😉 If I had a real pool, I’d have to get this rose wine float.
13. A solid sweat session. Whenever I have a really good workout, I feel such a release and rush of positive energy that I can’t wait to do it again!
What are some everyday things that give you a boost?