Hi there, we haven’t done one of these in a while…
Welcome to the Nov. 7 edition of Monday Mishmash, where you’ll find a whole bunch of random.
Monday Mishmash: 11/7/16
So what’s been going on? Everything good with you? Anyone get any snow yet?? It’s starting to feel like winter, well as close to winter as it gets. I’ve busted out my down jacket for morning dog walking in the park and can see my breath in the air. Tom complains about the cold but I can’t help but love it. As you know, winter is my favorite season.
I have a few quick things to share with you today.
- Stay tuned toward the end of next week for a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT. I’ve been working on something I’m really excited to share with you.
- Are you signed up for my newsletter? If not, head to the bottom of this post above the comments and pop your email in that box. I’m hosting a subscribers-only holiday giveaway at the end of the month. Just my way of saying thanks. 😉
- I haven’t celebrated Thanksgiving on US soil since 2010, so this year, Tom and I will be going stateside for Thanksgiving. Can’t wait!
In case you missed it…
- Tom wrote a whopper of a post all about what he finds strange about the American election process. Check it out in case you missed it… you might learn something about the French system. I did! And for my American readers, don’t forget to vote tomorrow!
- Here’s a video I put together of our canal cruise in Alsace. Head here to see what it’s like!
Some fun links
- If you’re in need of a book recommendation, Lost in Lyon wrote a comprehensive review of Lauren Collins’ When in French: Love in a Second Language. I haven’t gotten my hands on a copy yet but it looks wonderful.
- You know that saying that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure? Well, thredUP is kind of like that except there’s no trash. The site lets you buy and sell high-quality secondhand clothes at prices that can’t be beat. Many of the items are new with tags! For my US readers, use my link here to get $10 toward your first order and take advantage of the additional 40% off discount as well.
- Le Mont Saint-Michel is stunning now matter when you visit, but this video of the Normandy medieval abbey literally takes it to the next level. Prepare to be wowed.
- I found this to be a fascinating read over at Salon about how one’s morality changes when speaking in a foreign language. Personally speaking, I’ve noticed subtle personality shifts when I’m speaking French but what about ethics?