Hey blogger friends, do you want to guest post on Oui In France? If so, I’m putting the call out for guest post pitches and I’d love to hear from you. This holiday season, I’ll be posting 2-3 guest posts from readers just like you, so if you’re interested, read on…
Aside from my husband Tom’s Ask Tom Tuesdays series and the very occasional guest post, all the writing on this site is mine. The last time I asked for guest posts was in 2015 when I went on vacation.
Why would you want to guest post?
Because you’re awesome. And you’d be helping me out since this time of year gets crazy. I’ve been at this blogging thing for over 4 years now and have built up a nice little readership, so you’d get a few extra eyes on your blog. I’ll be sharing your post on my social media channels as well as the Oui In France newsletter.
My favorite guest post I’ve accepted on this site came from an American named Neal who has since moved back to the US. His post was pure perfection: “Why are the French afraid of air conditioning?” Take a look if you haven’t already!
If you’re submitting a pitch, you should be:
- A blogger. If I can’t link to your site, what’s in it for you??
- A regular reader of my site. Whether you’ve been here for 3 weeks or 3 years, it doesn’t matter. I’d still like to hear from you. If you’re a spammer or just trying to write a bunch of guest posts everywhere and don’t have any interest in the topics I write about, I’m going to kindly decline.
What I’m looking for in guest bloggers’ pitches:
- Relates to France in some way: This is really broad. Write on anything having to do with French culture, the language, what life is like here, a personal story or reflection, etc. Are you a Francophile? Cool. Learning French? Tell me about it. Have a funny story about French culture? Works for me. Go nuts.
- Relates to life abroad: You do not have to live in France (posts on your experience in other countries are fine too). You also do not have to be an expat to submit an idea although your post should have some connection to the type of content you normally read on Oui In France.
- Content that has not been published elsewhere.
- A post that you haven’t seen on Oui In France before. If you send me a pitch on Grocery store culture shock in France, I’m probably going to pass since I already wrote about that. If you do go that route, come up with a fresh angle please.
Note: I get a lot of random emails from people wanting to guest post about cleaning swimming pools, taking motorcycle trips and the like. Posts that have nothing to do with the focus of my site won’t be considered.
Who I’d love to hear from:
I’m open to everyone but…
- A French reader: Don’t be shy! Even if you normally blog in French I’m happy to edit your post if you’re nervous about writing in English.
- A lurker: I know you’re out there! I’ve gotten a few emails lately from people who have been reading my blog for months or years and have never commented. So if you’ve never commented or said hi, I want to hear from you!
- A dude: I’m a gal and more than half of my readers are as well. Sometimes a different perspective is good. So if you’re a male reader, don’t be shy!
I’ll be sure to reply to everyone who submits a pitch, but please keep in mind I can only accept a few guest posts. I’m happy to source images for you. No minimum/maximum length requirements. I’m open to everything.
Again, please don’t send me a full article — just a few lines telling me what you’d like to write about and a link to your blog!
Write me via my contact form here or email me at ouiinfrance at gmail dot com.
UPDATE 12/6: Please note I’ve received a bunch of replies and am no longer in need of guest posts this time around. Feel free to still pitch me and I can keep you in mind for a future call for guest posts.