Sometimes focusing on the positives in your life is enough to turn your day around and squash a bad mood or just get your mind off all the craziness in the world. It can also shift your perspective and remind you that life is good. So after having so much fun with Part 1, I’m back for Part 2 of things that make me happy.
Things that make me happy – Part 2
- Having my dog Dagny in my life.
- A lazy weekend with no set plans.
- These gorgeous Les Interchangeables bracelets made with Swarovski crystals in a Paris workshop. I finally bought one during les soldes and it makes me smile.
- Biting into a chocolate chip cookie still mushy from coming out of the oven — a little bit undercooked. This type of cookie is something that makes me happy instantly.
- Walking Dagny with Tom.
- Getting lost in the aisles of Super Target. That place has everything and I MISS IT!
- Receiving an unexpected compliment.
- When something you have listed on eBay sells for more than you expected.
- Discovering new places to visit both near and far.
- Seeing that someone didn’t mess up plurals and possessives in their writing… and other little grammar wins. (On the other hand, saying you “have three cat’s” drives me up the wall.) When I see decent grammar online, it’s one of the things that makes me happy and restores faith in humanity.
- Blogging. I love this space I’ve created on the web. Thank you for being here.
- A big glass of freshly brewed, unsweetened iced tea with a big straw.
- When Tom surprises me with a lottery ticket. You never know!
- Having a clutter-free house. That lasts about 1 day.
- When someone notices you for the person you really are.
- Going to the beach in the winter wearing a cozy hoodie and just watching the waves.
- The feeling of accomplishment you have right after finishing a really challenging workout.
- Boarding a flight and knowing you’re going somewhere fun.
- Seeing Tom turn into a giddy 5-year-old when talking about these said fun things we’re going to do on vacation.
- Being on a boat enjoying a late afternoon breeze.
- Finding money in an old jacket pocket.
- Good hair days. How could that NOT make my ‘what makes me happy list’?
- Taking advantage of a killer promo at one of my favorite stores. I love Athleta to death. Athleisure 24/7. Who’s with me?
- The smell of clothes fresh out of the dryer is something that makes me happy.
- Getting good news.
- Snapping a candid photo at just the right moment when everyone’s eyes are open the expressions are pure.
- A rainbow after a storm.
There you have it, Part 2 of my what makes me happy list. Share something that makes you happy below, will ya? If you missed Part 1, read it here. to find out what make me happy. Maybe you can relate!