A trip to the post office in France is never quick
I swear that in the training manual for all La Poste employees, there’s a section that goes like this:
- Work as slowly as you can. Our goal is to irritate customers in line as much as possible and waste their day.
- Make sure there are never enough employees working at any given time to take care of customers in an efficient manner.
- Never know which form to give the customer and make them wait while you ask Employee #2 who is busy himself. Or on break. Or en vacances. So then you have to ask Employee #3 who may or may not know.
- Along with forms, act like you have no clue what postage or tracking forms to put on a package outside of France.
- Act like everything is so difficult and that your 10 plus years of experience working at the post office have taught you nothing.
- Never be open for business when anyone has time to actually mail stuff.
- Hire interns that have no clue at all yet let them interact with customers alone.